Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The Skies Proclaim...Snowflakes

Despite the pressing onset of spring, winter is still in the air. With the coldest winter in California I can remember, I have had the privilege of skiing six days so far this season. Every Friday my brother and various friends have a standing appointment to get up the mountain and swish down those glorious slopes until near exhaustion we quit before somebody gets hurt.

On March 6th the temperature was in the 20s and we were bundled up for the day.  After an epic day of skiing in perfect powder (a very rare treat in California), we headed up the chair for our last run down. And it started to snow.

The snow drifted softly down. When suddenly there on my lap a snowflake landed...perfectly formed!

"Look at the snowflake!" I screamed like a little kid.

It was so amazing to see such a beautiful sight. I don't remember when I last saw a formed snowflake in California.  Snow usually comes down in clumps--never revealing the beautiful snowflakes that comprise the clump.

It was a reminder of how awesome and mighty our God is.  Indeed the skies do proclaim the work of his hands (Psalm 19:1).

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...