Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Submitting to Travel Magazines

I recently completed an article I first wrote last year about a boating excursion that Bob and I took with friends on the Big Island, Hawaii. We motored out to view the lava flow into the sea from the Pu’u ‘O’o crater of Kilauea volcano. Using the skills I have learned, I resurrected the article and rewrote it.

Searching for a magazine to publish the article, I found a great site with a list of 50+ travel magazines that accept travel narratives. Out of the list I found several with a good fit for my article. Now the task of submitting the manuscript.

Here is a taste of Lava for Breakfast:
It was dark and raining when we arrived at our meeting location. Rain pounded the roof as we waited in the car and peered out the windows into the blackness of the parking lot. It was 4:30 a.m. As headlights came into view, I studied each vehicle… No boat. Not him.
Have you written any travel articles and found a good place for them to be published? Leave a comment and let us know.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...