Monday, August 16, 2010

Children's Action Song: Cabin by the Woods

This summer at Vacation Bible School we learned a fun action song the kids loved to sing and act out. I call it Cabin by the Woods. Watch the video and see why the kids asked to sing it everyday. Here are the words and actions so you can learn it too:

In a Cabin by the Woods
In a cabin by the woods, (draw a square in the air)
Little man by the window stood. (shade eyes and scan around)
Saw a rabbit hopping by (make paws and hop across)
Knocking at my door. (knocking gesture)
"Help me! Help me, sir!" he said (throw arms up in the air)
"Or the hunter will BOP me on the head." (slap end of fist)
"Come along and live with me."("come here" motion)
"Happy we will be." (make rabbit ears and stroke forearm)

Now comes the fun part. Sing the song again dropping the words from the first line—only do the actions. Keep dropping a line each time through, doing only the actions until you get to the last line. Then sing the last line with actions, drawing it out for a perfect ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...