Sunday, August 1, 2010

Why I Write for Children



I am passionate about writing for children. They are our future. It is our job to nurture them to become independent, caring and productive adults. Writing books for children is one way I can have an impact on the growth and character of children.

Those of you who follow my blog will remember my grand-nephew Drew. I featured Drew in my post Precious Moments of Independence. His mom recently bought him "The Giving Tree" by Shel Silverstein. After a few readings by mom and dad, Drew could read for himself... with a smidge of help. Drew is a very bright four-year-old despite his autism. A diagnosis of autism does not preclude a child from learning. Check out his "reading" skills on the video.

Reading to children is the best way to get your child to be a good reader. It opens up new worlds and experiences for their growing minds to soak up.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful post Chris. My aunt is autistic and her creativity always amazes me.

    I've added your blog site to my "Writing Friends" on my blog at www.christinasbuzz.blogspot.com. Come and see ;-))

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...